With fuel costs hitting a record high, we have some practical tips to help you save on fuel usage:
- The key to fuel saving is extend your vision further ahead; eyes on main beam! As with all Achieve advanced driving the key is concentration, observation, and anticipation.
- By planning better this reduces the need for unnecessary acceleration, and therefore unnecessary braking.
- Arrive at roundabouts when you can go, by early planning. This also reduces the risk of rear ending; both by you and from those behind.
- Use good positive road positioning to enable a smooth transit through urban areas in particular.
- Reduce the unnecessary amount of non-essential ‘stuff’ being carried in your vehicle, particularly vans. More weight, more fuel.
- A lower constant speed uses less fuel, less brakes and less driver effort and stress-inducing events than accelerate/brake style driving. Don’t feel the need to fill that space!
If you want to know how much fuel you can save, through driver training, check out our fuel save calculator!