Join our award-winning company
Technical Fleet Controller
Job type: Full time
Salary: £TBD – dependent on experience
Job role description:
To deliver outstanding service to our customer base, the personal exclusive experience. Efficiently and effectively handling all customer requests and facilitating these in line with client parameters. Maximise vehicle uptime by effective management of off road incidents. Management of invoice cycle in-line with business KPI’s. Supporting the Leadership Team in the delivery of strategic plans across the Service Support area.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Effective management of the invoicing cycle across Operations to ensure business KPI’s are met.
- Managing requests for bookings and authority on behalf of our customers and within their specified guidelines, applying the expert knowledge to minimise cost and maximise vehicle up-time.
- Effectively manage all vehicle off road incidents to ensure maximum uptime.
- Liaison with manufacturers to ensure best outcome for customers; parts chasing, loss of use, FOC vehicles, warranty contributions, etc.
- Compliance management for ancillary (& HGV) assets.
- Point of contact for technical escalations, invoice disputes and additional processing (as required).
- Managing daily task allocation across operating systems, planning prioritising and demonstrating effective time management to ensure all planned activities are executed.
- Contribute to identification of potential improvements in processes or system enhancements that would improve our ability to deliver exceptional service.
- Diary, task, activity and action point management in Outlook and the operating system.
How to Apply
All sections of this form must be completed, including a CV upload.
Email email@example.com. Please include your CV and a covering letter, with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Mechanical vehicle knowledge essential.
- Knowledge of the fleet management, customer facing skills preferable.
- Must be adept in the use of a PC including use of email, electronic diary management and the internet.
- Able to use Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum) to an intermediate level essential.
- A positive, assertive and confident communication style (internally and externally).
- Succinct in communication delivery (verbal and written).
- Positive approach to dealing with customers.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills with an ability to assimilate accurate information.
- Able to instantly build and maintain rapport with a range of people at all levels of seniority.
Organisation, planning and decision making
- Demonstrates a proactive approach.
- Committed to delivering solutions.
- Able to multi task with accuracy.
Flexibility and resilience
- Can react with the appropriate sense of urgency to challenges when presented.
- Able to remain focussed and continue delivering to high standards when under pressure.
- Adopts a positive approach to feedback, ensuring areas for improvement are actively developed upon.
- Able to assess own performance to ensure development.
- Embraces challenging situations, looking to provide solutions.
- Openly promotes the Fleet Service GB ethos.
- Reliable, tenacious and professional.
- A positive, mature and confident manner.
- Inspires confidence by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Able to work a minimum of 42 hours per week.
- Able to commute to work reliably.
- Able to remain flexible with regard to holiday dates.
- Comprehensive training.
- 20 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Pleasant, modern working environment.
The Fleet Industry Advisory Group is a not-for-profit organisation with an objective to develop and share best practice in all areas of managing drivers, vehicles and journeys.